Welcome to the Chrome Extensions Blog. Here you will find reviews and featured chrome extensions, as well as my own creations.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Chrome vs Firefox

Among the top giants of browser market I prefer Google Chrome over Firefox. Here is why:
  1. Faster cold start  - On my PC Chrome takes only 1 second to launch after I have just turned on my PC. However, I have noticed that Firefox usually takes around 4-5 seconds.
  2. Streamlined look - I enjoy the minimalist design of Chrome that focuses on the webpage rather than taking up useless space. Also the interface is more aesthetic.
  3. Ease of making apps, extensions and themes - Chrome has a much more intuitive extension development facility. There are a lot of room for flexibility as well.
  4. Less memory hungry - Chrome does not make your PC freeze when you open many tabs. This has happened many times when I used Firefox.
  5. More stable - Generally I have experienced less crashes and better debugging for errors with Chrome.
  6. Better sense of humor - Google as a company creates awesome accessible tools and Chrome is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment